Inspired by the historic “Rex” line of instruments offered by mail-order catalog in the 1930s, ‘40s and ’50s, Jim Dandy™ models embody the charm and spirit of those early Gretsch® flat-top guitars with the superior playability and best-in-class tone that their namesake suggests.
Featuring a petite and portable parlor body shape and a short 24“ scale length, the Jim Dandy™ Deltoluxe™ Parlor punches above its weight with a distinct tonal clarity and throaty midrange for which parlor guitars are so beloved.
The X-braced body is crafted with select lightweight laminate tonewoods for an optimal balance of woody vintage tone and reliable durability, while the “C”-shape neck presents an inviting feel for hours of old-timey inspiration. The onboard Gretsch Deltoluxe magnetic soundhole pickup produces versatile electrified acoustic tone, providing added utility for live performance, recording, and effects pedals. Period-correct details such as a vintage-style pinned bridge, “G”-graphic pickguard, painted pinstripe purfling, 3-on-a-plate open-gear tuning machines and oversized dot fingerboard inlays combine for a nostalgic personality destined for any barnburner or jamboree.
Well suited for everything from bluesy porch pickin’ to speakeasy swingin’, the Gretsch Jim Dandy Deltoluxe Parlor is a ramblin’ companion for newbies and old-timers alike.
- Basswood body with X-bracing
- 12th fret, 24”-scale nato set neck
- 12” radius walnut fingerboard with pearloid dot inlays and vintage-style 18 frets
- Synthetic bone nut
- Gretsch® Deltoluxe soundhole pickup with gold/white rosette rings
- String-through walnut bridge with compensated synthetic bone saddle
- Single-ply tortoise pickguard with “G” graphic
- 1950s-style vintage open-gear die-cast tuning machines and vintage end-pin strap buttons
- Nickel hardware