The Sternberg UR22mkII is a 2 x 2 USB 2.0 audio interface with 2 x D-PRE and 192 kHz support.
Record and compose music in studio quality on your laptop or iPad with the UR22mkII. With outstanding audio and build quality for its price class, the UR22mkII combines choice components with advanced connectivity and flexible I/O options to offer a full-on mobile production platform.
Cubasis LE is a streamlined version of Steinberg’s popular iOS music production app, offering professional music production on your iPad.
Together with the included Cubase AI and Cubasis LE software, the UR22mkII audio and MIDI interface is a fully-fledged mobile recording studio. Offering easy and stable connection to PC or Mac computers, the MKII version now adds pro-level recording for iPad with the CC Mode and external power input. The UR22mkII offers total mobility, ultra-solid build quality and incredible sound characteristics for its price class, covering all aspects of recording and production in small studio environments as well as mobile production situations.
The included Cubase AI is a streamlined version of Steinberg’s world-famous Cubase production environment compatible with Windows and OS X. iPad owners can download Cubasis LE from the App Store for an exciting range of recording and mixing features optimised for touchscreen operation. Because Cubase can open Cubasis LE projects, you can capture musical ideas in Cubasis and transfer them to Cubase for further development, right up to full-on album productions. Quickly capture a melody when inspiration strikes on your iPad, sketch out a song on your PC laptop or MacBook and then transfer your project to a computer running Cubase in a full-blown studio to develop your musical creativity into a complete production, ready for mastering.
The UR22mkII turns your iPad into a full-on professional music production platform. Connect to your iPad with CC Mode using either the Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter. The power input socket supplies your UR22mkII with the electrical voltage needed to run professional equipment such as condenser microphones requiring +48 V phantom power by letting you plug in a USB power adapter or a USB battery pack. And with the included Cubasis LE version for iOS, you can start recording and mixing straight away, with the option to upgrade to the full Cubasis version via in-app purchase.
The UR22mkII offers the same sonic precision, clarity of tone and flawless dynamics as the other members of the UR family. Hooking up the UR22mkII to a pair of high-quality headphones will let you listen to your music collection with a new sense of perspective.
Producers of electronic or beat-based music will find their ideal mobile interface in the form of the UR22mkII. Rock-solid drivers allow you to run VSTis at very low latencies, while the onboard MIDI I/O lets you connect synths, vintage drum machines, MIDI controllers or any other MIDI gear.
Plug in a mic or electric guitar to record vocals or guitar parts, all in perfect sync with MIDI data from your project, and recorded with no latency and with the convenience of the Mix monitoring control on the front panel. And because of the outstanding sound quality of components like the amazing D-PRE preamp and the AD/DA converters, any audio you record is at studio quality, meaning you won’t have to go to a studio to re-record it later.
Because it’s been designed to offer so much versatility, the UR22mkII is a perfect companion for live shows and gigs for DJs, guitarists, bands, drummers and just about any other kind of live performer.
- Top of the range converters provide a maximum sampling rate of 192 kHz and a resolution of 24 bits, delivering pristine audio quality
- Yamaha’s highly-acclaimed D-PRE preamps deliver a truly transparent and beautifully detailed sound that is unrivalled in this product class
- Built to the most exacting standards by Yamaha’s experienced engineers, the UR22mkII is rugged enough to withstand all the rigours of the road
- The UR22mkII features latency-free hardware monitoring and an intuitive Mix knob that allows you to blend between the direct signal and the output of your host
- The UR22mkII is compatible with all major audio editing, mastering, and music production software supporting ASIO, Core Audio, or WDM standard
- UR22mkII offers connectivity with Apple’s iPad. When paired with Cubasis or other iOS audio apps, the UR22mkII offers a portable and effortlessly intuitive production experience
- For utmost flexibility, the UR22mkII is equipped with a MIDI I/O port — connect your favourite synth, a drum trigger module or any other MIDI device
- UR22mkII offers an easy way to stream performances live to the internet, with incoming audio signals merged to the playback signal from Cubase or other DAWs inside the computer
- UR22mkII provides a 5 V DC port to supply power when connected to an iPad. A standard USB power adapter or an external USB battery can be plugged in to guarantee power stability
- Based on the same core technologies as Cubase, Cubase AI offers an intuitive feature set for composing, recording, editing and mixing and is included with the UR22mkII